A meeting place for professionals
The Competa Conference Center is a professionally equipped conference facility located in Rijswijk, easy to reach by car and public transport. Conferences, seminars, training and other meetings are held at the venue, organised by Competa and other organisations.
About The Facilities
professional and informal
The venue is comfortable and informal, and has a conference capacity of over 100 people. Full business facilities are provided, including professional audio-visual and telecommunications equipment. The venue is available for hire by external organisations, both commercial and non-profit. This includes:
- User groups and other non-profit organisations
- Companies and commercial organizations
- Individuals and groups wanting to run seminars, conferences or training sessions
Rates are very competitive. For events of a technical nature and of interest to technical IT professionals, the facilities are available for free or low cost. For certain events, such as user group meetings, Competa will be happy to sponsor refreshments.
Why Do We Do This?
Competa cares about technology
Technology develops and matures through the sharing of knowledge and experience. User groups, companies and conference organizations all play a part in facilitating the transfer of knowledge. But we noticed that something was missing:
- Conferences are infrequent and may be difficult to attend due to work commitment, cost and timing
- Companies offer free seminars but these are often a sales pitch rather than technology focused events
- User groups and other non-profit organizations sometimes struggle to find venues for meetings that provide adequate facilities at an affordable cost
We care about technology and so wanted to create a venue to fill the gap. It is our vision that the Competa Conference Center will become the meeting-place for information technology knowledge exchange in the Netherlands.